As We Were: A Series About 19th Century Photography, Fashion, and Fun
As We Were, is my own personal look into 19th Century photography, fashion, and culture. The idea came from my box of ghosts, or that is the many boxes I have full of 19th Century photos that need to be shared.
My regular readers will recognize some of the images, but there are many many many more that haven’t been seen for a long time.
Each 1st and 4th Wednesday I’ll
ramble share my photos, along with stories, thoughts on fashion like how bustles and hoop skirts really work, society, and other related subjects.
- As We Were: A Series About 19th Century Photography, Fashion, and Fun, 1840’s
- As We Were: Fabulous Hats
- As We Were: Men With Hats
- Winding River, a Rocky Mountain Mystery… and a Cat
- Sharp Dressed Man
All images are from the collection of and property of Juliette Kings / Marla Todd. Please ask for permission before reproducing. Thank you.
Future posts will include:
- Civil War Era Fashion including the hoop skirt
- California portraits
- Bustle Dresses
- Hoop Skirts
- Many many posts on fashions of the 1840’s – 90’s
- Big hair
- Parents and children
- 19thCentury Teens
- Dogs and Cats
- Weddings, graduations, and other special occasions
- Children and toys
- Tinted images
- Big hats
- Having fun
- Extreme Fashion
- Beautifully unattractive portraits
- Vampires, Ghosts, and other paranormal issues, with help from Nigel
- Fabulous Hats
- Cabinet Card Backs
- RPPC – Real Picture Post Cards
- Hot Victorian Guys
- And more
Post Mortem and Erotic photographic images from the 19th Century are popular among collectors and online discussion groups. While there are many interesting and beautiful examples in both genres, I do not collect either of these types of photos and will not be featuring either one in my future posts.
Remember to come back every 2nd and 4th Wednesday of the month for another fun installment of As We Were.
If you have any questions or comments please leave them below. I’d love to hear from you.
~ Juliette aka Vampire Maman