Garrett, my teenage poet left me a poem this morning.
Crisp clear damp air
Scent of the water
Morning air with promises
Of flowers and cool breezes
Foggy nights of mystery
Fall is coming
A new beginning
Poetry is a gift to the soul. Poetry is for everyone. Everyone needs poetry, like a vampire needs blood, like a hawk needs to fly, like a fish needs to swim. I know that wasn’t very poetic but you get the point – I hope.
Your assignment today is to READ, SAVOR and SHARE poetry with someone you love.
For poetry posted on this blog (Vampiremaman.wordpress.com) click on the links below. Enjoy!
- We destroy and help make screaming silence
- Ode to a Greek God – A romance
- Fear No More
- Would that I could exist as a languishing touch
- Vampire teens dealing with a broken heart
- Love poems and letting go
- Robinson Crusoe
- Face your fears
- Summer Solstice
- Her beautiful hands
- Summer – poetry and musings
- Night Glimmers – Poetry of the Night