As both a Vampire and a parenting expert/blogger I’ve compiled a short list of questions that your teens (both high school and college bound) should ask. I’ve also included a few other statements/requests they need to know. This could apply to both school and life in general. Mostly for life in general.
- Please don’t ask me to be stupid.
- Is embracing ignorance required to attend this event?
- Do you really love me or is it just for tonight?
- Will it kill you to be nice?
- Will it kill you to relax?
- Do you want to try something new?
- My name is __________. What’s your name?
- Thank you.
- Let me help you.
- May I help you with that?
- Do you want to talk about it? Let’s get coffee (or go for a walk etc.)
- Let me drive you home. We can pick up your car in the morning.
- I’m calling Uber. Do you want to ride with me? We can pick up our cars in the morning.
- Do you need help?
- Are you hiring?
- Would you like to join us?
- Can I bring anything?
- Can I help with the dishes?
- I’m going out for blood. Do you need anything?
- What part of no don’t you understand?
This is just a short list. Sometimes we all forget that if we don’t ask the question the answer will always be NO. We also forget that we need to speak up for ourselves and for others. It is just that simple. It isn’t always easy, but it is simple.
~ Juliette aka Vampire Maman