UPDATE: Our votes went to…
The Olate Dogs
They were exceptional groups and it will be INSANE if they don’t go through.
In a tie the Parrot Guy Clint and Tim the singer (we gave them a few votes too)
Nobody else compared to the top two. Were those dogs cute or what????
We’re watching America’s Got Talent tonight!
We’ve got a full house tonight. Cody our Vampire in training is still here (his girlfriend might have to be terminated for her lies and lack of respect for Vampires but we aren’t going to tell him). My great great great great grandmamma Lola is here (she is under the weather and needs some care and rest in a family setting – the woman is amost 900 years old), my kids, our Vampire friends their two teens and of course my husband Teddy who will be making his famous Vampire cocktails.
The countdown is here for the next final three!
Who is on tonight that we might consider voting for:
TOP PICK: David Garibaldi and his CMYK’s
Second: Jacob Williams – Comic
Everyone else is ok but not great so we’ll give them a chance and see what they have to offer tonight.
- Clint Carvalho – the guy with the cute white bird.
- Live Wire Theater – more light show stuff
- Olate Dogs – Cute cute cute dogs
- Shanice & Maurice Hayes – heart warming father and daughter act
- Magic of Puck – small magic
- Tim Hockenberry – Singer – he is very very good and I should have moved him to the top of this list. One of those soulful gravel and bourbon voices.
Who is on tonight that we WILL NOT vote for and why:
Sebastien El Chario – the kids can’t sing and the big band behind him is creepy. Yes, he is sort of cute and can hold a note for a long time (bet he is a good swimmer) BUT THE KID CAN’T SING ON KEY. And every song sounds the same for Pete’s Sake!!!!
All That – Guys who clog. If a dozen really good dance groups were voted off then this group of ok cloggers should be voted off too. They are nice guys but my teens think they are creepy and making fools of themselves.
The Untouchables: Teens and adults in my house can’t stand them. A lot of little kids wildly dancing in technical perfection BUT the girls are made up to be a bunch of little SLUTS. I don’t think anyone (except sick bastards that need to be burned alive) wants to see small girls shake their butts and breastless chests like strippers. It is vulgar and shows everything that is wrong with our world and the sexualization of girls.
But wait…there’s more…
As always, Teddy is mixing up something good in the kitchen. Cold drinks for a hot night (I can’t wait until Fall gets here but that won’t be until after Halloween!)
Vampire Iced Tea
- 1 gallon water
- 12-15 tea bags – any flavor you want. We like a nice strong black tea with a touch of fruit in it. Lady Earl Gray works well. Put tea bags and water in a jar. Put it outside in the sun for about 2-3 hours to brew. Don’t put it on the grass – it won’t get hot enough. A drive way or deck works best.
- 1 jar (32 oz) of unsweetened Cranberry Juice (we like Trader Joes)
- 12 oz blood
- Artificial sweetener of your choice to taste (remember dear human visitors that we don’t handle sugar well)
- Mix it all up and pour over ice with a sprig of mint and a sprig of rosemary.
- Adults – add a large slosh of Vodka or Bourbon to the mix for some extra punch to this punch!
This has always been a traditional family favorite of ours. And don’t forget the nuts to go with it!
You’d think we watch TV all the time but THIS (ATG) is the only reality show we watch. OK I have caught the kids watching 16 and Stupid, excuse me 16 and Pregnant, and those shows about a horrible woman named Snookie and her friends. Honestly I didn’t know humans had evolved to exist without brains. I tell the kids to turn it off.
What we DO watch:
Grimm – because it is so good
Breaking Bad – not the kids, we don’t let them watch it.
Burn Notice: Don’t even ask. But this season wasn’t that great. Hmmmm.
I’m sort of bored with everything else. We like nature shows and science stuff and we love movies. My husband watches anything with sports or antiques or wild places. But I AM bored with TV. Maybe the new fall season will bring more stuff that I like as much as I like Grimm.
So I’ll post more tomorrow on the results (no doubt we’ll be pissed off or at least I’ll be pissed…and if you watch it don’t forget to vote for someone GOOD).
~ Juliette (who is hot and cranky and waiting for cool weather).