Happy New Year. I’m watching the 2019 Rose Parade, drinking coffee, and sitting with my cat. One of the cats at least. The other one went screaming upstairs and the dog followed him. The husband is still asleep. The children are elsewhere with friends.
The Ghost was out standing by my back fence this morning. He turned, giving me a neutral look then vanished. Not so much as a wave. He didn’t even flip me off.
I don’t have any resolutions this year, just thoughts and suggestions for everyone who reads this.
Tell WordPress that the new “block” editor sucks. Programmers aren’t writers. Yes, I did hear all about it at the local WordCamp. I was even a speaker there but I had no idea they’d just add another level of hell to my blog. I can’t even easily choose categories anymore to lure unsuspecting readers to my blog.
- I just looked it up. I have to designate this as a “list block” from yet another menu. I know, I’m a smart cookie and will get the hang of it. I should be more positive about change, but I’m an old Vampire.
- My children (now 19 and 22) keep me young and current.
- Stay current. Don’t be an old fart.
- Stop listening to the news or talking about politics for at least five days each week. Nothing, aside from becoming a Vampire, will add more years to your life span.
- Be positive and stop complaining about software upgrades the don’t make any sense (see above about politics.)
- Watch birds. Watch them.
- Listen to your kids
- Talk with your kids (not at them)
- Plan to play.
I’m stopping here to talk about PLAY. We all need to play. Play helps children develop into decent human beings. It helps adults unwind. We need play. So do something this year. Go to a zoo. Play Cards Against Humanity and laugh yourself silly. Go to an art museum. Never say you don’t like museums. Put on some music and dance. Go for a walk. Write a blog. Fly a kite. Be silly. Stop being so serious all the time.
That is it for now. I have a Ghost to go hassle.
Happy New Year everyone.
~ Juliette aka Vampire Maman