After we carve our Jack-o-Lanterns we roast the seeds.
Halloween isn’t great for Vampires who can’t take too much sugar. So pumpkin seeds are the perfect Halloween treat (other than fresh blood but that is a different post).
How you might ask, do I toast pumpkin seeds?
- Clean seeds after removing them from your pumpkin.
- Spray your stones or pans. I use either my thousand year old well used black and beaten pizza pan or a well seasoned stone (I have a Pampered Chef stone). I have better pans that I use for other things – but these seem to crisp things up better.
- Heat oven to 300 degrees F
- For 3-4 cups of cleaned seeds mix in a couple table spoons of olive oil and season to taste. I use a lot of garlic and a touch of seasoned salt. And why yes, Vampires DO eat garlic.
- Spread seeds on pans/stones and bake for 25 – 60 minutes. It all depends on how wet your seeds are. Figure it out as you go along and check every 10 minutes or so. When seeds are dry and crisp take them out. Feel free to taste while you cook (the sign of a good cook).
This isn’t a recipe for the exacting anal cook but it always turns out wonderful pumpkin seeds for me.
Clean out your pumpkin.
Carve it. Admire it. Smile because it is so happy and scary!
Clean your seeds.
Turn oven to 300 F.
Season and mix.
Put seeds in the oven.
Go admire your Jack-o-Lanterns.
Nom nom nom! Seeds are ready and crunchy and yummy! And good for you!