I write an odd little blog.
I also read blogs. Not because I’m obligated to but because I enjoy the blogs I read. In fact, I look forward to posts on my favorite blogs.
The subject matter varies from cats to cooking, Vampires to verse, politics to play, musings and music, fiction and fact, weirdness to wonder, squirrels to stars, from dogs to dreams. I could go through the entire alphabet quite a few times with this game. Some of the blogs are so unique that it still amazed me at how creative and wonderful it all is. Nobody else is doing what these bloggers are doing. Nobody. That, is why I like them. And other are doing something more mainstream but doing it in a wonderful way. So enough of this love letter…
Recently I went poking around my favorite WordPress bloggers and found out that a lot of them had rather modest followings.
That surprised me because I love those blogs. The authors are smart and funny. If they aren’t funny they’re still smart and thoughtful. Best of all these I learn things from these blogs, even if it just learning a bit about myself (from my reaction.)
Extra bonus: some of the bloggers I read are insanely talented.
There are THOUSANDS of people out there who would love these blogs and are missing out. We can’t let that happen anymore.
So what am I asking from you?
Support the blogs you read. It won’t cost you a penny. All I’m asking you to do is to spread the word.
If you enjoy a blog and want to be enjoying it a year from now please do one or more of the following items:
- Tell your friends to read it. SHARE.
- Share it on Facebook with a witty comment on why you’re sharing it.
- Share it on Twitter.
- Share on all blog sites (I have friends who have blogs on several different blog servers.)
- Share it on all of your social media outlets.
- Share it on WordPress (reblog or add a link to one of your posts)
- Tell the nice folks at WordPress that you like the blog and suggest they highlight the author in one of their articles or put it on Freshly Pressed.
- Tell your mom and she’ll tell her friends.
- Tell the ex-boyfriend. You know the one who never got over you and still hangs on every word you say and everything you do. He’d do anything for you. Tell him.
- Drop blog names at parties. You’ll sound so smart. Write it on a cocktail napkin.
- Tell your friends.
- Share posts you like with your reading and writing groups.
- Share posts you like with all of your other online groups.
- Just share. If you like it share it.
- But never SPAM a blog. Be polite. Share nicely.
- Tell your friends.
Unlike cake, chocolate and a nice bottle of wine – when you share a blog there is always enough for everyone.
Most of us bloggers aren’t getting paid for writing all of the unique content you expect from us. We’re doing it because we love to. We have something to share. And we’re happy if in turn you share what we’ve shared.
~ Juliette aka Vampire Maman