I’ll spill my guts…oh yuck, no this isn’t a B Horror Movie Vampire thing (we’re Modern Vampires of class and culture here).
I looked at the WordPress Daily Prompt today and it was about personal space and private space on blogs.
Vampiremaman.com is both – personal and private.
I reflect on my life and experiences, but share more important upper level works about parenting and books and other things that may or may not have anything to do with me.
So why do I do this? The answer is simple – to tell stories. Mostly stories about things that are truly important to me. Kids, husband, elders, experiences, books, silly stuff. A lot of silly stuff. A lot of important stuff too.
And what is it I’m writing about? (the short list)
- To encourage others to really think about parenting
- To encourage people of all sorts to talk with their kids and keep the lines of communication open
- To share stories about relationships.
- To speak of elders and those who fall between the cracks of society.
- To share about issues with modern teens (Regular humans and Vampires)
- To share my passions about reading, poetry and silly stuff.
- And most of all as a place to tell my stories.
- On the lowest level – to get a laugh out of someone. Yes, I admit it!
- I hope to entertain and amuse both my readers and myself. OK, true confession time…I always entertain myself. Really, it doesn’t take much to entertain me.
- I’m having too much fun to stop.
- I really adore my readers – I had no idea when I started this how interactive it would be.
So is it personal or private? That is the lady or the tiger story to me. I really can’t say.
~ Juliette aka Vampire Maman
One more point…there was a question something like “Would you change your blog to get more traffic?” Well, no, not really. I’ve been working successfully in Marketing for years so I know how to get traffic – this isn’t that sort of project. In the famous words of toddlers everywhere “This is MY blog”. I get to stomp my foot now too.