When I started this blog my youngest was in Middle School. Now my Vampire children are now 18 and 21. They’re both in college and have jobs. They’re adults. Holy shit. They’re adults.
Mind you they aren’t those creepy kind of Vampires who look like teens and go to high school and college forever. They are just like other college students. The only difference is that they’ve always been Vampires. No big deal.
It is time for another one of my famous bulleted lists.
A Few Rules for Young Adult Vampires:
- Stay away from fan fiction. Don’t read it. Don’t write it.
- Don’t spend money you don’t have. Pay cash.
- Don’t cook with wine you wouldn’t drink. You know where I’m going with this. The same thing applies for the necks you choose to bite.
- Don’t drink bad wine or cheap booze.
- Keep an open mind.
- Read for fun.
- Wear sunscreen and sunglasses even when it is raining.
- If someone asks you to turn them into a Vampire always say NO.
- If someone asks you if you’re a Vampire always say NO.
- If you feel uncomfortable the answer is always NO.
- Being somebody else’s trophy or arm candy is ALWAYS in bad taste.
- Don’t have your social media accounts under your own name.
- You’re not a bigot if you avoid Demons, Goblins, or Black Eyed Children.
- It is ok to be afraid.
- It is ok to mourn the dead.
- It is ok to laugh out loud in public.
- It is ok to not care what others think. You’re a Vampire. Why should you care?
- Don’t stay in a relationship out of habit. Stay in it out of love and mutual respect.
- Break up with your bad habits.
- Don’t date assholes.
- If someone asks you to move into a crypt with them always say NO.
- Don’t sleep in coffins. You don’t have to.
- You don’t have to be a leader, but never be a follower.
- Learn how to get blood stains out of all kinds of fabric. Keep the cleaning supplies handy.
- Never be tempted to drain someone of all of their blood. Then you’ve killed them and you have to deal with a body. It isn’t cool. Don’t do it, even if you’re having a party with your friends.
- Avoid Zombies.
- Keep basket ball shorts on the court.
- Try not to let your bra show, especially the back strap. Nobody wants to see that.
- If you don’t take yourself seriously nobody else will.
- Avoid humorless Vampires.
- Don’t worry about Werewolves. They tend to take care of themselves. I know they tend to be tacky dressers, loud, and rude, but don’t get into it with them. You’ll always win, but do yourself a favor and avoid it.
- Don’t start collecting animals until you own your own home. Your parents have enough animals and don’t need anymore.
I could go on for another hundred points but not today. Sure they know most of this, but it is always good to remind them. Gently remind them.
They might be adults, but they’re still your kids.
~ Juliette aka Vampire Maman