Due to the fact that I’m incredibly tacky and that this is one of the best bands I’ve ever seen live I’m starting this week’s Burning Question with some introduction music.
I know it doesn’t really have anything to do with this but…
This blog is known for
four five seven things:
- Vampires (and parenting)
- Love Letters (and parenting and vampires)
- Short Stories (and parenting and vampires)
- Taking your kids to rock concerts (parenting)
- Romance (with vampires, and on rare occasions parents who are romantic with each other)
- Burning Questions (with vampires and maybe parenting and mermaids)
Burning Question #33 (out of 50) is a last minute thing since the Internet was down for about 24 hours at my house. Even an old (almost 160 year old Vampire) like me needs the Internet. Sure I read, talk to my family, listen to Science Friday, pet my cat, play with my dog, but the Internet was DOWN all over the neighborhood. I live at the end of the line and in an Internet desert where our only choices are well, they’re crappy. So enough with excuses.
Oh, one more thing… after the poll, which I expect you to answer, I have posted something I wrote a while back about romance with Vampires. You can learn a lot from it. If you change your mind after reading it you can do the poll again (get out of the page then get back in.)
Burning Question #33: Would you kiss a Vampire?
Your Homework Assignment (read it and tell me about it)
Love Bites, Love Bleeds, Falling In Love With A Vampire
Falling in love with a Vampire can suck. It bites. Vampires will leave you cold and in the dark. A Vampire lover will leave you drained and feeling dead inside.
All puns aside, it isn’t a good idea. For the most part, ok for all part, Vampires are cold-blooded predators. Sure we’re sweet and charming and fun to be around, but the embrace of a Vampire is dangerous place to trust your heart and soul. Well, of course unless you ARE a Vampire then the arms of a Vampire is the perfect place to be.
If you’re alive, I mean, a Regular Human, and if you’re lucky, a Vampire lover will leave you feeling the most alive you’ve ever felt. You’ll feel like you want to live forever. Your Vampire lover will fascinate you in every way imaginable.
Proceed with caution, for that good feeling will become like the highest high you’ve ever felt. The cold touch of your Vampire lover will be like the worst of the worst of addictive drugs. It will be both the beginning and the end of you. Then again, sometimes it can be just a normal strange relationship. It depends on how strong both parties are and what the end game is for both parties.
One day we’ll part,
In different worlds,
Not so different,
Not the same,
You’ll have change,
I will stay the same,
You’ll have wonder,
I will stay the same,
You’ll have wisdom,
I will see the wonders of the ages,
Except that I will miss you,
My heart a broken mess.
Kind of breaks your heart. I mean, it broke my heart.
Vampires also become attached to humans, especially the young and new. We love knowing that things will change. We won’t change much but everyone else does.
There are those who keep their hearts cold to the warm-blooded kin, but that makes for a dull existence lacking the richness one gets from the company of others who are different and alive (so to speak.)
Sometimes we just can’t help it. I mean, can anyone help who they fall in love with? My own brother Andy spent 40 years with a woman who died a natural death, old for her time. She never allowed him to change her. He never left her. She knew the risks but also the rewards of loving a Vampire. Andy still speaks of her. It is heart breaking but at the same time, I am rewarded in the knowledge that they found real love. But what the found was rare. It was rare for anyone.
Then again, let me muse here a bit, falling in love with a Vampire carries risk. Let me tell you the risks.
- Vampires rarely return the love
- Vampires see you as a food source
- Vampires take what they want, when they want
- Vampires don’t always give back
- Vampires are temperamental and moody
- Vampires have friends you won’t be safe around
- Vampires don’t willingly let you into their world
- You will always be an outsider
- You might die in the arms of your lover from blood loss, or alone in a back alley.
- And you could return undead, without a soul of your own, a shadow in the dark.
- Or you could end up like your Vampire lover and be part of his/her life for centuries, but that rarely happens. Rarely. More than likely you’ll still get dumped and find yourself in a strange world all alone. It is just all in a day’s work for a Vampire.
Now answer the poll and tell me what you think.
~ Juliette aka Vampire Maman